The average salary for a Mid-Career Controls Engineer at General Electric Co (GE) is $80,000.
Is Controls Engineer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$0 - $80k
$0 - $82k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Controls Engineer
Controls engineers work with rapidly evolving technologies and control systems; they can be involved in a wide number of projects from space flight to power grids. Responsibilities for this job can include developing and executing regular engineering processes, documenting work performed, working with program design and testing, and troubleshooting. Controls engineers must be able to understand and use policies and procedures that are related to the field. In many positions, the controls engin…Read more
Controls Engineer Tasks
- Plan and perform work requiring electronic and mechanical theories and principles, and writing specifications.
- Manage the design and installation of electrical equipment including electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, variable speed AC and DC drives.
- Design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications for electrical and electronic based systems.
- Work with the maintenance planner to schedule electrical projects.
- Develop clear and concise operator instruction manuals.
Popular Employer Salaries for Controls Engineer
The top respondents for the job title Controls Engineer are from the companies Tesla Motors, Modine Manufacturing Co and Cincinnati Test Systems. Reported salaries are highest at Tesla Motors where the average pay is $101,846. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include General Electric (GE) Aviation and General Motors Corporation, earning around $94,966 and $90,650, respectively. Cincinnati Test Systems pays the lowest at around $67,202. Johnson Controls Inc and Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $67,407 and $76,500, respectively.
Controls Engineer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Years of Experience
This data is based on 6 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$53k - $98k
$60k - $125k
$48k - $111k
$28k - $55k
$57k - $110k
$51k - $97k
$50k - $104k
$83k - $153k
$42k - $84k
$50k - $98k