Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Controls Engineer is $75,632
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Controls Engineers?
An early career Controls Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $73,553 based on 6 salaries. A mid-career Controls Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $86,474 based on 15 salaries.
What Do Controls Engineers Do?
Controls engineers work with rapidly evolving technologies and control systems; they can be involved in a wide number of projects from space flight to power grids. Responsibilities for this job can include developing and executing regular engineering processes, documenting work performed, working with program design and testing, and troubleshooting.
Controls engineers must be able to understand and use policies and procedures that are related to the field. In many positions, the controls …Read more
- Plan and perform work requiring electronic and mechanical theories and principles, and writing specifications.
- Manage the design and installation of electrical equipment including electrical power distribution systems, PLC's, instrumentation, variable speed AC and DC drives.
- Design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications for electrical and electronic based systems.
- Work with the maintenance planner to schedule electrical projects.
- Develop clear and concise operator instruction manuals.