Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Cook, Restaurant is $10.05
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Cook, Restaurants?
An early career Cook, Restaurant with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $9.76 based on 9 salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $13.
What Do Cook, Restaurants Do?
Cooks are restaurant workers who typically work under a head chef. They are responsible for preparing dishes, often from beginning to end. They must work with speed and precision as they often must push out food to customers as quickly and efficiently as possible while maintaining high standards of quality. Cooks are responsible for much of the cooking and assembly of a restaurant’s dishes. They also prepare, clean, and restock their stations whenever necessary. Cooks may sometimes supervise …Read more
- Follow recipes and product directions for preparing food.
- Operate a variety of kitchen equipment.
- Stock, date, rotate and check temperature of product.
- Clean and sanitize work stations and equipment.
- Taste products and keep records in order to accurately plan food production.