Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Copy Editor is $20.00
What Do Copy Editors Do?
Copy editors are responsible for reviewing content for their organization's publications, which could include newspapers, magazines, newsletters, website content, mass emails and other written materials. These editors must ensure that materials are factually accurate and free of spelling and grammatical errors; they may also have to work with writers and others within the company to resolve errors and ensure materials are ready for publication. Copy editors also need to make sure that materials …Read more
- Correct grammar and spelling.
- Check documents and other items for readability, style, and agreement with editorial policy.
- Check text to ensure copy is well written and logically structured.
- Check facts and ask questions to the author.
- Ensure that text agrees with the approved style.