Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Corporate Counsel is $85,000
What Do Corporate Counsels Do?
Corporate counsel work with sales, marketing, and operations by offering appropriate legal and non-legal advice. These professionals are generally retained to work as a legal agent for the business entity.
Within a legal context, corporate counsel perform a variety of tasks in many areas of law. Some typical areas of law in which the corporate counsel may work are securities law, corporate and business law, intellectual property law, employment law, tax law, product and service liability, …Read more
- Conduct research on legal matters.
- Work with regulators on business and regulatory issues.
- Provide legal guidance to business and technical departments.
- Negotiate and draft commercial contracts.
- Handle complaints and compliance matters.