The average salary for a Court Reporter in Los Angeles, California is $103,382.
Is Court Reporter your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.
$79k - $203k
$79k - $203k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Court Reporter
A court reporter is an official of the court, who creates written transcripts to record spoken communications within a court proceeding. The transcripts created by the court reporter are very important, as they serve as the records for all aspects of the trial. They have the potential to be searched and researched by other attorneys after the trial verdicts are entered. Most court reporters use a stenotype machine that creates a sort of typed shorthand and allows the reporter to keep up with the…Read more
Court Reporter Tasks
- Attend all sessions of the court.
- Preserve shorthand notes for future reference per statutory guidelines.
- File exhibits or necessary documents with the clerk of the court.
- Read portions of shorthand notes to resolve disputes of testimony, argument, or matters of law upon request of the trial court.
- Take full shorthand notes of oral testimony, objections, and closing arguments.
Court Reporter Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with .NET Software Developer / Programmer in these locations earn less than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Indianapolis, Indiana (67.7% less), Washington, District of Columbia (59.2% less) and Chicago, Illinois (50.8% less).
Years of Experience
This data is based on 5 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$28k - $55k
$28k - $53k
$34k - $80k
$30k - $65k
$23k - $50k
$33k - $70k
$23k - $45k
$32k - $69k
$25k - $52k
$35k - $76k