Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Crime Scene Investigator (CSI) is $18.04
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Crime Scene Investigator (CSI)s?
An early career Crime Scene Investigator (CSI) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $19.00 based on 19 salaries. A mid-career Crime Scene Investigator (CSI) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $21.63 based on 5 salaries. An …Read more
What Do Crime Scene Investigator (CSI)s Do?
A crime scene investigator (CSI) is responsible for securing and examining details left at the scene of a crime. They are responsible for sorting through evidence and details to assist prosecutors in building a case. This person must be precise and meticulous, as protocols must be followed in a detailed and organized fashion. Tasks performed include lifting and collecting fingerprints, collecting and documenting trace evidence of DNA, determining time and cause of death in homicides, examining …Read more
- Investigate the cause and manner of death in cases of unattended natural death, accident, suicide, or homicide.
- Assist the administrative manager with work plans, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions.
- Supervise and monitor the work of forensic investigators, interns and volunteers and facilitate training.
- Determine what scenes to investigate and what evidence to examine and/or collect while conducting follow up on each case.
- Conduct interviews with family members, law enforcement personnel, medical professionals and others regarding circumstances of death.