Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Custodian is $11.40
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Custodians?
An early career Custodian with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $10.00 based on 19 salaries. A mid-career Custodian with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $12.54 based on 5 salaries. An experienced Custodian with 10-19 years of …Read more
What Do Custodians Do?
Custodians are responsible for keeping buildings clean by picking up trash, sweeping, and mopping, as well as cleaning bathrooms and ensuring they are fully stocked with toilet paper, paper towels, and soap. Custodians also complete a number of other functions, such as cleaning windows, vacuuming, dusting, and emptying trash.
Custodians typically work in an indoor setting, although some may have outdoor duties such as shoveling snow, tending to a garden, raking leaves, and mowing grass. They …Read more
- Perform general cleaning, light floor care and special event set ups.
- Collect and remove trash and recyclables.
- Clean rest room facilities and replenish supplies.
- Clean assigned areas including furniture, telephones, fixtures, walls, windows, window sills, blinds and vents.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all area floors, rest rooms and break areas.