Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Data Center Technician is $23.39
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Data Center Technicians?
An entry-level Data Center Technician with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $20.32 based on 31 salaries. An early career Data Center Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $22.30 based on 292 salaries. …Read more
What Do Data Center Technicians Do?
A data center technician oversees server centers and other centralized banks of computers for data-, cloud-, and information technology-dependent companies. He or she helps ensure that networks stay up and online, that data is accessible, and that the processing and performance speed and power maintains efficiency at all times.
Much of a data center technician's job involves actively monitoring server and network performance and then analyzing this information. The technician determines what …Read more
- Troubleshoot for network, hardware and software problems.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory and maintenance logs.
- Adhere to and update documentation and user guides.
- Support users and escalate problems to ensure customer service.
- Set up, fix, maintain and patch technology in the data center.