Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Data Technician is $17.92
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Data Technicians?
An entry-level Data Technician with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.43 based on 17 salaries. An early career Data Technician with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $16.69 based on 141 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Data Technicians Do?
Data technicians are responsible for collecting, analyzing, and implementing information, as well as facilitating data storage processes, creating detailed reports based on their work, and providing conclusions based on their observations. Advanced problem-solving skills are very important in this position to develop innovative solutions to data issues, as well as the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and multitask on separate projects with ease. They generally use a personal …Read more
- Enter and verify data into standardized systems.
- Organize and arrange files and data.
- Search for, categorize, and enter data from multiple departments and sources.
- Review documents and records for completeness and accuracy.
- Compare records across fields and time to identify trends and quality problems.