Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Daycare Teacher is $10.67
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Daycare Teachers?
An early career Daycare Teacher with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $10.26 based on 16 salaries. A mid-career Daycare Teacher with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $10.00 based on 5 salaries. An experienced Daycare Teacher …Read more
What Do Daycare Teachers Do?
Daycare teachers work daily with children of toddler age during the day. They must incorporate physical and mental awareness to assist the children with their daily activities, plan new activities and projects for them to do each day, and be mindful and aware of their safety at all times. Some of the other daily tasks with the children include reading to them, preparing food and snacks, and playing games. Daycare teachers work with other teachers in a childcare setting--usually lead teachers …Read more
- Prepare daily activities and schedule, setting up educational and entertaining offerings.
- Prepare and clean up after snacks and lunch.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with parents about schedules, problems, and offerings.
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of daycare center.
- Oversee child interactions and play, and ensure a safe and supportive environment.