Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Deli Clerk is $10.24
What Do Deli Clerks Do?
A deli clerk works in a sandwich shop or delicatessen. They prepare ingredients and create sandwiches for customers upon request. In addition to fulfilling these responsibilities, the clerk needs familiarity with operating a cash register or point of sale machine for their business. Additionally, a deli clerk must work to keep their work space clean and inviting to customers.
Deli clerks need to be well-versed in the products and ingredients offered by their establishment, including being able …Read more
- Comply with safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Regularly clean equipment and work area.
- Set up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counter and tables to promote sales.
- Accurately scale all weighable products, including the use of correct codes to determine price.
- Serve customers at the deli counter by listening to the request and obtaining the desired product.
FAQs About Deli Clerks
What is the highest pay for Deli Clerks in Atlanta?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Deli Clerk in Atlanta is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Deli Clerks in Atlanta?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Deli Clerk in Atlanta is $NaN / hour
How can Deli Clerks increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Deli Clerk is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Deli Clerk that oversees more junior Deli Clerks, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.