Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Design Director, Interior Design is $96,266
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Design Director, Interior Designs?
An early career Design Director, Interior Design with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $72,808 based on 10 salaries. A mid-career Design Director, Interior Design with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $76,907 based on 47 …Read more
What Do Design Director, Interior Designs Do?
Design directors for interior design are responsible for directing design duties in interior spaces for their organization. They are in charge of making important decisions regarding project design based on interior design knowledge and requirements. It is essential that they follow strict safety procedures when modifying existing interior construction. In addition, they must have an advanced understanding and knowledge of construction techniques as it relates to interior design.
Design …Read more
- Create and train the organization on interior design standards and policies.
- Manage and oversee upgrades and changes in design strategy.
- Work with senior management and marketing to fit interior design strategy to organizational vision.
- Inspect properties, work with clients, advise on installation matters, and ensure compliance.
- Create design specifications and work with other departments for pricing, safety, and delivery assurance.