Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Desktop Support Analyst is $53,833
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Desktop Support Analysts?
An entry-level Desktop Support Analyst with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $44,491 based on 22 salaries. An early career Desktop Support Analyst with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $50,182 based on 320 …Read more
What Do Desktop Support Analysts Do?
Desktop support analysts analyze and troubleshoot issues with desktop computers and their applications. In most businesses, this means dealing with Windows-based machines and applications; however, some firms run strictly Apple machines or run a mix of Apple and Windows machines, so knowing both types of systems well is an advantage.
Perhaps the most important part of the desktop support analyst's job is being able to patiently track down issues and break the problem-solving process down …Read more
- Maintain, analyze, and repair hardware and software systems.
- Respond to tickets, and troubleshoot and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Support and enforce information technology (IT) policies.
- Set up and configure new systems, new applications, and upgrades.
- Manage user account information, permissions, and rights, including groups.