Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Direct Support Professional is $10.61 in 2023
What Do Direct Support Professionals Do?
Direct support professionals perform a number of tasks to aid people with disabilities, providing encouragement and instructions on specific tasks the individuals struggle with due to their disabilities. Most direct support professionals are expected to document their interactions with clients - as well as any changes they notice - so the care team may learn and develop strategies. Often, they communicate with external parties on issues related to the client's care. For example, some clients …Read more
- Maintain records of patient care, progress, or problems to report and discuss observations with supervisor or case manager.
- Administer or supervise self-administration of medication.
- Foster increased community and social integration.
- Support the development of behavioral and social skills.
- Provide assistance with daily tasks including personal care, transportation, health maintenance, and household chores.
FAQs About Direct Support Professionals
What is the highest pay for Direct Support Professionals in Seaford?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Direct Support Professional in Seaford is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Direct Support Professionals in Seaford?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Direct Support Professional in Seaford is $NaN / hour
How can Direct Support Professionals increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Direct Support Professional is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Direct Support Professional that oversees more junior Direct Support Professionals, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.