Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Director, Housing & Community Development is $65,387
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Director, Housing & Community Developments?
An entry-level Director, Housing & Community Development with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $45,000 based on 5 salaries. An early career Director, Housing & Community Development with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total …Read more
What Do Director, Housing & Community Developments Do?
The director of housing and community development is the person responsible for overseeing all activities of a housing community. This communities include apartments, housing developments, and college campuses. This is a position that can be found at many locations across America. The director will typically work inside of an office, though travel within the housing development or across the community is likely necessary. This person will traditionally keep daytime, weekday office hours, …Read more
- Direct housing and community program staff and oversee the daily operation of programs.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing programs and identify areas needing improvement.
- Research relevant grant programs and coordinate the application process.
- Establish long and short term objectives for programs and determine the best way to reach those objectives.
- Facilitate communication with the community about housing needs and how to best address them.