Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Director, Public Policy is $84,103
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Director, Public Policies?
An entry-level Director, Public Policy with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $50,868 based on 5 salaries. An early career Director, Public Policy with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $68,592 based on 50 …Read more
What Do Director, Public Policies Do?
The operations of many for-profit and non-profit agencies are impacted by the decisions made by governments and legislatures. These organizations often have a director of public policy at the board-executive level who deals with this aspect of operations. The director of public policy helps the board form a strategy for how it will attempt to influence and participate in making or blocking regulations and laws, and then works to implement these endeavors.
The director of public policy must be …Read more
- Work with organization leaders to develop public policy agendas and strategies for advocating those agendas.
- Assist with preparation of policy budget, and identify and pursue fundraising opportunities.
- Track the activities of policymakers and research policy issues in order to draft reports and keep the organization up to date.
- Establish relationships with local, state, and national lawmakers in order to influence policymaking.
- Present the policy positions and opinions of the organization to the public, government officials, and other organizations.