Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Director, Strategic Sourcing is $95,000
What Do Director, Strategic Sourcings Do?
Directors of strategic sourcing provide executive leadership related to strategic procurement within their organization. Most of their work revolves around communicating with other employees and clients. These professionals are responsible for negotiating with executives in other organizations to achieve desired outcomes, attending internal meetings to develop strategic policy within the organization, and helping create and implement internal sourcing strategies. They must perform supplier …Read more
- Research vendors to determine which suppliers have the best prices, reliability, and quality.
- Manage a company's purchase of supplies and lead the development and implementation of procurement strategies.
- Supervise and direct the work of strategic sourcing personnel.
- Lead efforts to improve supply chain efficiency, maintain product quality standards, and reduce costs.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors for the purchase and delivery of goods.