Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Director Non-Profit Organization is $70,000
What Do Director Non-Profit Organizations Do?
The director of a non-profit organization serves as figurehead, spokesperson, and leader for their organization. They are the point person for their entire organization, serving as its representative with the board of directors, media, staff, the public, funders, and regulatory agencies. As such, this executive manager plays several crucial roles. A non-profit director must be passionate for the agency's mission and be able to articulately express its vision and advocate on its behalf. The …Read more
- Oversee the programs run by the organization, manage daily activities, and coordinate the staff.
- Act as the organization's spokesperson, participate in fundraising, and represent the organization at events.
- Administer the organization's budget, making sure funds are used effectively.
- Develop and put into practice policies consistent with the organization's vision and mission statement.
- Attend board of directors meetings, report activities, request input, and discuss recommendations from the board.