Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Education Paraprofessional is $13.10
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Education Paraprofessionals?
An entry-level Education Paraprofessional with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $12.47 based on 123 salaries. An early career Education Paraprofessional with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $12.85 based on 633 …Read more
What Do Education Paraprofessionals Do?
An education paraprofessional works with a team to support the instruction of students. They can include a variety of positions, such as teacher aides, special education assistants, and early childhood assistants. They commonly work in several settings, including day care centers, preschools, elementary schools, and education centers.
Education paraprofessionals are usually not licensed to teach, but provide support in the teaching environment. They work with teachers, therapists, school …Read more
- Assist teachers in planning and preparing materials for individual and group classroom activities.
- Assist the teacher in the development and implementation of the Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- Assist students with the integration into regular education classroom.
- Assist students with personal care, hygiene, meals, and drinks.
- Implement behavior intervention policies when necessary to ensure classroom safety for students and faculty.