Electrical Estimator in Los Angeles Salary
An Electrical Estimator in Los Angeles, California earns an average salary of $69,209 per year.
Job Description for Electrical Estimator
An electrical estimator works closely with the senior estimating staff to provide electrical estimates. They collect and analyze quotes from suppliers and subcontractors during the bidding process to obtain the complete bid package pricing and qualification information. It is also their job to generate costs estimates, and identify possible deficiencies in bid documents during the pre-bid process.Read More...
It is the electrical estimator that ensures that the bids process is going smoothly and that it will be finished on time. They also must work on several different projects at once, so it is important to be able to multitask.
Electrical estimators often are required to work different shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays if a job is close to its deadline.They may work on commercial, federal, and residential projects.
Electrical estimators must have a bachelor’s degree and may need to hold other certifications per state guidelines. Many companies also prefer relevant experience. They need to be highly organized and detail oriented. They must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be proficient in basic computer software; they also need experience with estimating software. (Copyright 2017 PayScale.com)
Electrical Estimator Tasks
- Examine proposals, blueprints, and specifications to determine the kind and time period of work necessary for a project.
- Prepare material orders and other documentation.
- Visit job sites to assess progress, maintain logs, troubleshoot problems, and evaluate work.
- Create project plans from estimates, and define tasks, schedules, and necessary personnel.
- Confer with subcontractors, vendors, and suppliers, and negotiate and use local expertise to estimate costs.
Electrical Estimator Job Listings
Key Stats for Electrical Estimator
Rated 5 out of 5
based on 5 votes.