Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Energy Manager is $89,433
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Energy Managers?
An entry-level Energy Manager with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $64,125 based on 5 salaries. An early career Energy Manager with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $72,934 based on 39 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Energy Managers Do?
An energy manager is primarily responsible for planning, regulating, and monitoring general energy use within a facility or organization. While the need for a related degree is not always imperative, this position does typically require experience within the energy field. It is recommended that this person has extensive training with the type of energy pertinent to their organization (sustainable energy, climate changes, energy engineering, etc.). An energy manager should possess excellent …Read more
- Ensure that energy management operations are in line with the overall goals of the company.
- Develop environmental stewardship plans and implement "green" initiatives within the company to reduce negative environmental impact.
- Resolve billing disputes, investigate service interruptions, and manage relationships with third party service providers to ensure smooth energy operations.
- Prepare energy reports and communicate performance to upper management.
- Develop and implement energy conservation initiatives aimed at reducing overall utility costs across the company.