Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for an Enrolled Agent is $21.45
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Enrolled Agents?
An entry-level Enrolled Agent with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $15.86 based on 13 salaries. An early career Enrolled Agent with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $20.34 based on 136 salaries. A mid-career …Read more
What Do Enrolled Agents Do?
To facilitate communication and satisfy legal requirements (in the U.S.), the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) confers the status of enrolled agent to individuals able to meet the education and testing requirements. People certified as an enrolled agent may then act as an intermediary for citizens and private businesses when interacting with the IRS on tax matters, questions, and disputes. Businesses that specialize in preparing tax returns or handling income tax resolution are the typical …Read more
- Guide management's tax decisions by examining and discussing tax consequences of various financial options, recommending optimal course of action.
- Remit tax payments by requesting disbursements.
- Prepare federal, state, and local tax returns by collecting, analyzing, and formatting financial information.
- Recommend strategies to minimize tax liability by studying tax regulations, searching out and evaluating tax options.
- Determine impact of management's tax decisions by computing taxes.