Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Equity Research Associate is $75,000
What Do Equity Research Associates Do?
Equity research associates support senior equity analysts in the research process, generating information, ideas, and reports. They create, distribute, and update financial models, as well as generate reports on companies and other entities of interest. These associates must be able to perform analysis on market events - and other significant events - as required by senior analysts and other managers. This position occasionally involves communicating financially dense material into common …Read more
- Conduct grass roots surveys of industry-specific domestic and international players.
- Analyze macroeconomic and industry data, source, and map market research to assess and describe current and long-term trends.
- Conduct/compile financial statement analysis and forecasts for use in company updates and recommendations to clients.
- Prepare and deliver proprietary market research reports on specific industry for distribution to sophisticated institutional money managers.
- Conduct thorough primary and secondary research and due diligence via SEC filings, company press releases, industry trade publications, Wall Street research notes and quarterly company conference calls.