Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an Equity Research Associate is $80,647 in 2024
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Equity Research Associates?
An entry-level Equity Research Associate with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $70,299 based on 34 salaries. An early career Equity Research Associate with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $78,295 based on 149 …Read more
What Do Equity Research Associates Do?
Equity research associates support senior equity analysts in the research process, generating information, ideas, and reports. They create, distribute, and update financial models, as well as generate reports on companies and other entities of interest. These associates must be able to perform analysis on market events - and other significant events - as required by senior analysts and other managers. This position occasionally involves communicating financially dense material into common …Read more
- Conduct grass roots surveys of industry-specific domestic and international players.
- Analyze macroeconomic and industry data, source, and map market research to assess and describe current and long-term trends.
- Conduct/compile financial statement analysis and forecasts for use in company updates and recommendations to clients.
- Prepare and deliver proprietary market research reports on specific industry for distribution to sophisticated institutional money managers.
- Conduct thorough primary and secondary research and due diligence via SEC filings, company press releases, industry trade publications, Wall Street research notes and quarterly company conference calls.
How do Equity Research Associates Rate Their Jobs?
FAQs About Equity Research Associates
What is the highest pay for Equity Research Associates?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for an Equity Research Associate is $139k / year
What is the lowest pay for Equity Research Associates?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for an Equity Research Associate is $54k / year
How can Equity Research Associates increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as an Equity Research Associate is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are an Equity Research Associate that oversees more junior Equity Research Associates, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.