Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an FBI Agent is $70,900
What Do FBI Agents Do?
The FBI is the law enforcement organization in the United States charged with the duty of investigating federal crimes. An FBI agent is a person who works for this group is an investigator. He or she collects evidence, interviews persons who may have knowledge of the crimes committed, and analyzes this data with other personnel and FBI resources. When necessary, an FBI agent also helps to arrest and detain persons suspected of federal crimes, until such time as those individuals can stand …Read more
- Identify case issues and evidence based on complaints, charges or allegations of violations.
- Prepare detailed reports of findings.
- Search for and collect evidence, such as fingerprints, DNA samples and computer records.
- Record interviews using cameras or other means.
- Interview suspects and witnesses to obtain and verify information.