Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an FBI Agent is $66,789
What Do FBI Agents Do?
The FBI is the law enforcement organization in the United States charged with the duty of investigating federal crimes. An FBI agent is a person who works for this group is an investigator. He or she collects evidence, interviews persons who may have knowledge of the crimes committed, and analyzes this data with other personnel and FBI resources. When necessary, an FBI agent also helps to arrest and detain persons suspected of federal crimes, until such time as those individuals can stand …Read more
- Identify case issues and evidence based on complaints, charges or allegations of violations.
- Prepare detailed reports of findings.
- Search for and collect evidence, such as fingerprints, DNA samples and computer records.
- Record interviews using cameras or other means.
- Interview suspects and witnesses to obtain and verify information.
FAQs About FBI Agents
What is the highest pay for FBI Agents?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for an FBI Agent is $NaN / year
What is the lowest pay for FBI Agents?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for an FBI Agent is $NaN / year
How can FBI Agents increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as an FBI Agent is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are an FBI Agent that oversees more junior FBI Agents, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.