The average salary for a Fashion Designer at Renfro Corporation is $70,274.
Is Fashion Designer your job title? Find out what you should be paid
Use our tool to get a personalized report on your market worth.What's this?
$0 - $70k
$0 - $5k
$0 - $74k
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Fashion Designer
A fashion designer creates designs for items like clothing, shoes, and accessories. Prior to creating a prototype, the designer will create a sketch of the clothing. Usually, this clothing concept will then be presented to management, who will approve the clothing so that a prototype can be created. The fashion designer will often be expected to have sewing skills, in order to create the first clothing example. When the design is handed over to a factory or other clothing producer, the designer …Read more
Fashion Designer Tasks
- Draw patterns and specifications for articles of clothing, determining factors such as design, colors, materials, and methods of production.
- Promote designs by displaying samples of clothing at sales meetings and fashion shows.
- Follow fashion trends by researching customer preferences, attending fashion shows, and reading fashion publications.
- Develop design ideas based on targeted demographic and preferences of management or clients.
- Supervise assistants creating patterns and producing samples of articles of clothing.
Popular Employer Salaries for Fashion Designer
The top respondents for the job title Fashion Designer are from the companies Under Armour, Inc., Steve Madden, Ltd. and Polo Ralph Lauren Corp. Reported salaries are highest at The Gap Inc. where the average pay is $100,542. Other companies that offer high salaries for this role include Target Corporation and Polo Ralph Lauren Corp, earning around $89,671 and $76,841, respectively. Under Armour, Inc. pays the lowest at around $52,130. Nike, Inc. and Steve Madden, Ltd. also pay on the lower end of the scale, paying $65,147 and $69,729, respectively.
Fashion Designer Job Listings
Search for more jobs
Popular Skills for Fashion Designer
Skills in Design are correlated to pay that is above average. Skills that pay less than market rate include Adobe InDesign.
Years of Experience
This data is based on 6 survey responses.
Related Job Salaries
$32k - $63k
$28k - $55k
$48k - $111k
$53k - $98k
$51k - $97k
$33k - $68k
$38k - $78k
$44k - $85k
$35k - $69k
$41k - $102k