Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Financial Aid Counselor is $37,000
What Do Financial Aid Counselors Do?
Financial aid counselors work with students to discuss financial aid options. These professionals are employed almost exclusively by institutes of higher learning, which includes for-profit schools and non-profit institutions; counselors may also consult at college fairs. Financial aid counselors typically work with other counselors and the employees in the bursar's office to provide correct information to students, who may have little to no knowledge about financial aid. A typical day for …Read more
- Counsel students and parents about self-help financial aid programs, eligibility requirements, and application processes.
- Plan and perform financial aid workshops to staff and students.
- Assist in the review of students' financial aid applications.
- Coordinate and administer financial aid appeals.
- Package, award, and disburse funds to students.