Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Fire Marshal is $21.85
What Do Fire Marshals Do?
Fire marshals generally work for fire departments of local governments, though they may also be employed by other organizations, such as universities and corporations. Those who work for cities usually report to fire chiefs and must ensure that their organizations comply with local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations. They may also serve as liaisons between their employers and local fire departments.
Fire marshals’ duties vary depending on the size of their fire station. …Read more
- Maintain records and prepare reports of inspections and investigations.
- Conduct regular life safety inspections of community property, buildings, and facilities.
- Conduct investigation of all fire incidents. Determine the cause and origin of fires.
- Maintain and enforce adherence to corporate Safety and Training policies.
- Act as liaison to local fire departments, police departments, EMS, other agencies.
FAQs About Fire Marshals
What is the highest pay for Fire Marshals in Atlanta?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Fire Marshal in Atlanta is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Fire Marshals in Atlanta?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Fire Marshal in Atlanta is $NaN / hour
How can Fire Marshals increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Fire Marshal is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Fire Marshal that oversees more junior Fire Marshals, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.