Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Fire Marshal is $63,635
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Fire Marshals?
An entry-level Fire Marshal with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $42,000 based on 5 salaries. An early career Fire Marshal with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $56,002 based on 22 salaries. A mid-career Fire …Read more
What Do Fire Marshals Do?
Fire marshals generally work for fire departments of local governments, though they may also be employed by other organizations, such as universities and corporations. Those who work for cities usually report to fire chiefs and must ensure that their organizations comply with local, state, and federal safety and environmental regulations. They may also serve as liaisons between their employers and local fire departments.
Fire marshals’ duties vary depending on the size of their fire station. …Read more
- Maintain records and prepare reports of inspections and investigations.
- Conduct regular life safety inspections of community property, buildings, and facilities.
- Conduct investigation of all fire incidents. Determine the cause and origin of fires.
- Maintain and enforce adherence to corporate Safety and Training policies.
- Act as liaison to local fire departments, police departments, EMS, other agencies.