Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Fraud Investigator is $67,881
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Fraud Investigators?
An entry-level Fraud Investigator with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $49,757 based on 57 salaries. An early career Fraud Investigator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $55,830 based on 429 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Fraud Investigators Do?
In general, fraud investigators work to determine whether individuals or organizations have attempted deception to realize a financial benefit. Fraud investigation applications are numerous, and so fraud investigators typically specialize in a particular field, such as insurance or accounting. The vast majority of fraud investigator work within the field of insurance, due to the high inherent potential for insurance fraud and the volume of fraud cases that occur annually.
No matter the …Read more
- Investigate fraud by obtaining statements of fact, depositions or confessions from complainants, employers and witnesses.
- Oversee the development and implementation of fraud prevention, detection and resolution strategies.
- Research records and obtain, analyze, and appraise evidentiary data.
- Perform desk and on-site investigational audits.
- Develop, perform, and present fraud cases.