Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Freight Broker is $38,741
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Freight Brokers?
An early career Freight Broker with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $40,812 based on 151 salaries. A mid-career Freight Broker with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $51,267 based on 52 salaries. An experienced Freight Broker …Read more
What Do Freight Brokers Do?
A freight broker is a key employee in the logistics operation of any company doing a significant portion of their business in shipping and delivery. The broker typically uses a variety of computer software to help him or her efficiently schedule freight deliveries and pickups. He or she helps ensure that personnel and fleet vehicles and equipment are adequate to handle these needs and also has strong organizational skills to ensure that specialized cargo is correctly matched to the proper …Read more
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Arrange for freight transportation using internal systems.
- Build relationships with existing carrier database.
- Rate loads for current and prospective clients.
- Cultivate new business and manage existing accounts.