Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Front Desk Receptionist, Medical or Dental Office is $13.76
What Do Front Desk Receptionist, Medical or Dental Offices Do?
Front desk receptionists for medical or dental offices are the first people that patients interact with while seeking care, setting the tone for patients' experience. Whether it is for a walk-in or phone call, front desk receptionists handle patient scheduling and payment tracking. They are also responsible for maintaining and updating patients' records, maintaining filing systems, and conducting follow-up with patients as necessary. Front desk receptionists also ensure that the waiting area is …Read more
- Schedule and confirm patient appointments, check-ups and physician referrals.
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Greet visitors, ascertain purpose of visit, and direct them to appropriate staff.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, and correspondence.
- Interview patients to complete insurance and privacy forms.