Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Fuel Tanker Driver is $17.91 in 2024
What Do Fuel Tanker Drivers Do?
Fuel tanker drivers work on the road, transporting fuel from the designated pick-up point to the customers' locations. A driver may work for a single company or as an independent contractor working directly with customers. Fuel tanker drivers must be able to load and unload fuel tankers, follow strict safety guidelines, properly label materials, and keep track of other paperwork and records. Experience with valves, pumps, wrenches, and other tools needed to load and unload the tanker are …Read more
- Following dispatcher instructions, and safely and efficiently deliver goods from one location to another.
- Maintain industry qualifications.
- Maintain truck, including hoses, spouts, tires, and engine.
- Clean any spills and inspect tanker to reduce chances of accidents.
- Unload and measure amount delivered at each location, and ensure proper safety precautions are taken.
FAQs About Fuel Tanker Drivers
What is the highest pay for Fuel Tanker Drivers in Lynchburg?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a Fuel Tanker Driver in Lynchburg is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for Fuel Tanker Drivers in Lynchburg?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a Fuel Tanker Driver in Lynchburg is $NaN / hour
How can Fuel Tanker Drivers increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a Fuel Tanker Driver is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a Fuel Tanker Driver that oversees more junior Fuel Tanker Drivers, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.