Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a General Contractor is $57.39 in 2023
What Do General Contractors Do?
A general contractor oversees a variety of construction projects. Normally, the contractor is called in when someone wants to create a new building for business or residential purposes; however, contractors may also work in remodeling and renovation of existing structures as well. The general contractor assesses the work to be done and directs various construction crews to accomplish these tasks.
One of the chief skills of a general contractor is an ability to accurately estimate the costs of …Read more
- Generate cost estimates for labor, materials, equipment, and permits necessary to complete a project.
- Plan and manage a construction project, coordinating labor, materials, and equipment, hire and supervise subcontractors.
- Make sure all government regulations are followed, proper permits are obtained, and required inspections carried out.
- Monitor project progress to ensure it stays on time and within budget.
- Negotiate contract terms with clients and work with clients and architects to create project plans.
FAQs About General Contractors
What is the highest pay for General Contractors in San Francisco?
Our data indicates that the highest pay for a General Contractor in San Francisco is $NaN / hour
What is the lowest pay for General Contractors in San Francisco?
Our data indicates that the lowest pay for a General Contractor in San Francisco is $NaN / hour
How can General Contractors increase their salary?
Increasing your pay as a General Contractor is possible in different ways. Change of employer: Consider a career move to a new employer that is willing to pay higher for your skills. Level of Education: Gaining advanced degrees may allow this role to increase their income potential and qualify for promotions. Managing Experience: If you are a General Contractor that oversees more junior General Contractors, this experience can increase the likelihood to earn more.