Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Grocery Store Manager is $70,000
What Do Grocery Store Managers Do?
A grocery store manager is responsible for the overall supervision of their store and oversees a variety of areas, from cash flow and handling to inventory to hiring decisions and training. At medium or large stores, the manager often directly oversees a supervisory or low-level management team that assists them in ensuring the store's operations run efficiently. One of the primary jobs of the grocery store manager is ensuring proper cash flow and money-handling procedures; this typically …Read more
- Monitor store financial performance, setting business objectives and implementing strategies to meet those targets.
- Oversee the ordering and stocking of products, monitor product quality, and adjust inventory to meet customer needs.
- Set standards for customer service, receive and respond to customer complaints.
- Supervise grocery store employees, overseeing hiring, discipline, training, and promotions.
- Manage the daily operation and administration of all departments of a grocery store.