Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a HIPAA Privacy Officer is $57,410
What is the Pay by Experience Level for HIPAA Privacy Officers?
An early career HIPAA Privacy Officer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $51,187 based on 35 salaries. A mid-career HIPAA Privacy Officer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $67,212 based on 25 salaries. An experienced …Read more
What Do HIPAA Privacy Officers Do?
HIPAA privacy officers are responsible for ensuring that everyone’s personal and medical information remains confidential in hospital and medical office settings. These officers enforce all office and hospital policy rules when it comes to the information inputted by patients and staff alike into the many databases and files throughout the facility.
If there are ever any questions pertaining to how information should be handled or filled out, a HIPAA privacy officer must be able to assist the …Read more
- Design, develop and execute plans for monitoring and ensuring security and privacy of data.
- Handle requests for protected information, complaints and tips about breaches.
- Investigate breaches and potential data loss, evaluating solutions and recommending disciplinary actions.
- Lead organizational groups, including legal and IT teams, in confirming compliance.
- Identify, communicate and audit compliance risks and concerns, including remediation strategies.