Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Health and Safety Coordinator is $53,244
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Health and Safety Coordinators?
An entry-level Health and Safety Coordinator with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $47,717 based on 24 salaries. An early career Health and Safety Coordinator with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $50,297 based …Read more
What Do Health and Safety Coordinators Do?
A health and safety coordinator spends much of their time observing and auditing the procedures and activities within a company to ensure that they meet company guidelines, and, possibly, state and federal requirements. They may complete inspections to ensure compliance, conduct in-services to educate employees, and maintain documentation of those activities. They are also responsible for compiling data and reports for management and the appropriate authorities.
Health and safety coordinators …Read more
- Analyze work environment for unsafe work procedures and hazards.
- Provide health and safety training to all employees.
- Recommend changes to work conditions and procedures to improve the work environment and comply with all health and safety regulations.
- Inspect work environment to ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Report safety violations and injuries to the appropriate authorities.