Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Heavy Equipment Operator is $23.00
What Do Heavy Equipment Operators Do?
A heavy equipment operator is a construction worker who is specifically tasked with the safe and efficient operations of heavy machinery, such as loaders, dump trucks, backhoes, and graders. The heavy equipment operator ensures that the machinery he or she is about to use is in good working order, and then follows all relevant procedures and protocols while using it. The operator may be asked to provide input into the way some equipment is used on a site, and is required to report any noticed …Read more
- Operate heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Store heavy equipment safely and securely.
- Maintain a clean and presentable workplace.
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled.
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks.