Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Housekeeper is $10.50
What Do Housekeepers Do?
The primary duties of a housekeeper are to clean and maintain their designated work area. This work area will vary from employer to employer; housekeepers commonly work in hotels, private homes, and assisted living facilities. At a large hotel, a housekeeper may be expected to clean several floors' worth of rooms; at a private residence, a housekeeper may be expected to clean a relatively small area. Regardless of location, housekeepers can be expected to clean bathrooms, dust furniture, …Read more
- Seal, wax, and buff floors and hard surfaces.
- Assist painters and security engineers when assigned.
- Clean sidewalks, including sweeping, raking leaves and shoveling snow.
- Clean individual units when vacated or requested.
- Sweep, mop, wash, dust and vacuum designated areas.