Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Housing Counselor is $41,007
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Housing Counselors?
An entry-level Housing Counselor with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $38,000 based on 9 salaries. An early career Housing Counselor with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $38,872 based on 110 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Housing Counselors Do?
Housing counselors work with potential homeowners to provide home services and counseling for the home-buyer's program. These counselors work with clients on a regular basis to assist them throughout the process avoid any difficulties, and must work to understand the buyer's reasoning for purchasing a home and providing a clear direction for an eventual transaction.
Housing counselors also work in programs and advocacy campaigns which provide assistance and outreach to low-income families. …Read more
- Interview and investigate applicants to determine eligibility and status according to policies.
- Write periodic reports and analyses.
- Communicate with a range of agencies, landlords, businesses and individuals.
- Deliver instructional materials around topics like budgets, credit score, mortgages and foreclosure.
- Conduct one-on-one and group sessions to advise and educate about housing.