Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Housing Specialist is $17.53
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Housing Specialists?
An entry-level Housing Specialist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $16.58 based on 30 salaries. An early career Housing Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $17.23 based on 224 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Housing Specialists Do?
Housing specialists work to match clients' profiles with available housing units in a defined market to assist them in securing appropriate, permanent housing. They are often employed by government agencies to find affordable subsidized housing for candidates who have limited income or are in assistance programs, and they may also find appropriate housing for those with special needs, such as the elderly or handicapped, or work for a property/facility that offers such residences. They must be …Read more
- Interview and investigate applicants to determine eligibility and status according to policies.
- Write periodic reports and analyses.
- Communicate with a range of agencies, landlords, businesses and individuals.
- Deliver instructional materials around topics like budgets, credit score, mortgages and foreclosure.
- Conduct one-on-one and group sessions to advise and educate about housing.