What Do Import Specialists Do?
An import specialist detects, and helps prevent, violations of U.S. customs laws and import/export regulations and the entry of illegal drugs/products into the country. They also work to prevent weapons and weapon parts from entering the country.
Import specialists have a variety of daily responsibilities, including checking cargo manifests on computers, checking physical cargo at a dock or in a warehouse, and communicating with shipping- and freight-forwarders. They also work with businesses a…Read more
- Coordinate and facilitate with contractors, shippers, clients and carriers.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, federal agencies and shippers.
- Create monthly and annual reports and documentation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve shipping, quality and regulation problems.
- Track data about shipments, facilities, brokers, clients and compliance.