Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for an International Trade Specialist is $61,454
What is the Pay by Experience Level for International Trade Specialists?
An entry-level International Trade Specialist with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $50,000 based on 7 salaries. An early career International Trade Specialist with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $58,546 based …Read more
What Do International Trade Specialists Do?
International trade specialists are an elite category of economists, and their primary duties are two-fold: to study the effects of globalization on their business, and to develop a comprehensive business plan to make sure the business is successful abroad. Research in this job focuses on studying foreign laws regarding international trade, customs, and currency exchange rates, and international trade specialists are responsible for compiling this data, analyzing it and how it applies to the …Read more
- Interpret, set policies and implement policies around international trade compliance.
- Process payments and track exceptions.
- Follow up on shipment and freight, ensuring documentation and activities are correct.
- Write and submit license and agreement applications and other documentation.
- Answer questions and educate clients and staff about topics like documentation, classification and restrictions.