Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Jewelry Designer is $58,041
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Jewelry Designers?
An entry-level Jewelry Designer with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $36,312 based on 5 salaries. An early career Jewelry Designer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of $47,919 based on 61 salaries. A …Read more
What Do Jewelry Designers Do?
A jewelry designer designs various types of jewelry such as bracelets, necklaces, and rings. The designer may have to come up with innovative designs from scratch, while other positions will have design guidelines that need to be followed. The jewelry designer may work directly with customers and help customer’s ideas come to realization through verbal instructions or sketches.
The jewelry designer is often involved in building the jewelry as well. In some positions, the jewelry designer may …Read more
- Develop and execute product designs to company's or customer's satisfaction.
- Prepare and finalize technical drawings of product to be used for mass production in overseas factories.
- Loose sketch design ideas/concepts in order to convey vision to the team.
- Interpret design/style trends into brand appropriate product that fits within targeted retail pricing.
- Research seasonal trends and color stories.