Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Lab Technologist is $15.20
What Do Lab Technologists Do?
Lab technologists are in charge of performing standard laboratory procedures with minimal technical supervision. They complete clerical functions that include identifying, processing, and labeling data, as well as delivering that data to designed areas in their department. Lab technologists complete reports based on their findings and collect samples as required by the project's needs. In all tasks, lab technologists must follow safety and privacy policies to maintain confidentiality, health …Read more
- Conduct blood tests and blood counts.
- Maintain, set up, sterilize, and calibrate medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze results of tests using mechanical or electrical devices to identify any abnormalities.
- Enter any abnormalities or diseases into the database.
- Perform manual and automated tests for diagnosis.