The average hourly pay for a Lead Cook in Seattle, Washington is $15.20.
Is Lead Cook your job title? Get a personalized salary report!
$14 - $17
$29,266 - $40,493
Your Market Worth Over Time
How has your pay changed over time for your market? Find out by taking our salary quiz.
Job Description for Lead Cook
A lead cook is normally a supervisory position in a kitchen. Depending on the organization, this person is likely not considered a full-fledged kitchen manager or chef. However, lead cooks normally have some of the supervision and oversight duties of these managers delegated to them. In many higher-end restaurants, the lead cook position is considered a stepping stone to a full-fledged managerial or chef position. First and foremost, the lead cook is charged with meal preparation. This person n…Read more
Lead Cook Tasks
- Oversee food handling and preparation throughout a kitchen.
- Monitor and evaluate staff and coordinate break schedules.
- Stock and maintain all food stations, ensuring hygienic workspaces.
- Answer guest questions about menu and preparation.
- Modify processes for routing and meeting orders according to time and quality standards.
Lead Cook Job Listings
Popular Skills for Lead Cook
Avg. Hourly Rate
Pay Difference by Location
Learn more about cost of living by city.
Employees with .NET Software Developer / Programmer in these locations earn less than the national average. The lowest salaries can be found in Dallas, Texas (27.6% less), Orlando, Florida (21.1% less) and Portland, Oregon (19.6% less).