Avg. Base Salary (USD)
The average salary for a Lecturer, Postsecondary / Higher Education is $51,434
What is the Pay by Experience Level for Lecturer, Postsecondary / Higher Educations?
An entry-level Lecturer, Postsecondary / Higher Education with less than 1 year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $47,424 based on 10 salaries. An early career Lecturer, Postsecondary / Higher Education with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total …Read more
What Do Lecturer, Postsecondary / Higher Educations Do?
Posetsecondary/higher education lecturers perform a number of tasks in postsecondary institutions. They are responsible for delivering lectures and seminars, developing and implementing teaching methods, and constructing exams and assessments. Lecturers also attend staff meetings, participate and serve on committees, grade work, and assign final grades. This line of work is mainly mental, although candidates are often required to speak in front of a crowd (typically standing) for several hours …Read more
- Design and implement interactive workshops, structured experiences, and seminars on a variety of topics.
- Use a variety of methods traditional and using technology to communicate syllabi, assignment instructions, due dates and grades.
- Develop and revise courses and instructional materials as necessary.
- Maintain office hours for advising, mentoring and coaching students.
- Integrate new technologies in the learning process.