Avg. Base Hourly Rate (USD)
The average hourly pay for a Line Cook is $12.00
What Do Line Cooks Do?
A line cook should possess excellent knife skills, as well as a thorough understanding of basic cooking equipment. Candidates should be comfortable working in fast-paced environments in which quality work is of the utmost importance. Because of this fast-paced environment, candidates should be strong enough mentally to handle large amounts of stress. Positive and energetic interaction with other team members is required. Light amounts of lifting (usually less than 20 pounds) may be required …Read more
- Follow recipes and product directions for preparing food.
- Stock, date, rotate and check temperature of products.
- Operate a variety of kitchen equipment.
- Clean and sanitize work stations and equipment.
- Taste products and keep records in order to accurately plan food production.